A simple explanation of the good news of Jesus can be found here
Here’s a short summary of what we believe:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and life.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit as the Triune God.
- The sinfulness and guilt of all people, so that all people deserve God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption only through the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The work of the Holy Spirit in granting repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ, as judge of all people.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
The elders of Salt Church are committed to the Westminster Confession of Faith as an excellent statement of the Reformed understanding of the gospel and the doctrines that undergird, protect and adorn it.